Like most other public spaces these days we have special arrangements in place to keep us all safe. We’d be grateful if you would please follow them during your visit to the community library.
We are limiting the number of people in the building at any one time and need to keep up a flow to give as many people as possible the chance to choose books. You are most welcome to browse, but please don’t dwell too long if we’re busy.
We are very sorry – there are no newspapers, seating, or a public toilet at present.
If you’re not comfortable about visiting the library in person to choose your books, don’t forget our Book Bundles service – a useful alternative way of getting some fresh reads.
Visiting the library
We have a one-way system in operation. You’ll enter the library via the front main entrance. As you come in you’ll find bins in which you can place any items you’re returning.
After leaving your contact details for track & trace and using the hand sanitising station, you’ll follow a one-way route through the library. Please observe social distancing and our safety guidelines – see below.
You’ll then leave the building via the rear door using the self-service kiosk by the exit to check-out any items you wish to borrow.
If this seems a bit confusing please don’t worry. We have our friendly volunteers on hand to guide you.
- Please wear a face covering when you’re in the library. This became mandatory in public libraries on 8th August.
- We have a simple track and trace system in place. Just record your name and telephone contact details on the sheet provided at the library entrance. Alternatively, use the NHS Covid-19 app on your phone to scan the QR code displayed in the library entrance.
- Please sanitise your hands upon entry and exit from the library. You’ll find hand sanitising facilities at various locations in the library.
- If you’re using a public computer please sanitise your hands before using the workstation and after you’ve finished. We clean the workstations before and after each customer.
- At the moment we’re allowing no unaccompanied children under 12 years old. Only two children per adult please.
- Please don’t bring food and drink into the library.
- Please try and observe the two-metre distancing rule.
- We may ask you to wait outside briefly if the library is busy. Hopefully this will only be for a few minutes.
If you are reminded to abide by one or more of these guidelines while you are with us please remember that the person asking you is a volunteer giving their time to keep the community library open. Please be patient and polite.
We appreciate your patience and understanding. Thank you very much for using the library.
Questions and CONCERNS?
If you have any queries about these arrangements please email us at email@example.com or phone us on 01609 534584. If you leave a voicemail message don’t forget to include your contact details.