We have some new arrangements designed to keep us all safe. We’d be grateful if you would please read them and abide by them whilst you are with us.
We are limiting the number of people in the building at any one time and will need to keep up a flow to give as many as possible the chance to choose books. You are most welcome to browse, but please don’t dwell too long.
We are sorry that there are no newspapers, seating, or a public toilet at present.
Visiting the library
We have a one-way system in operation. You’ll enter the library via the rear fire door – follow the signs from the usual front entrance.
As you come in you’ll find bins in which you can place any items you’re returning.
After leaving your contact details for track & trace and using the hand sanitising station, you’ll follow a one-way route through the library. Please observe social distancing and our safety procedures – see below.
Use the self-service kiosks on your way out to check-out any items you wish to borrow. You’ll then leave the building via the front door.
If this seems a bit confusing please don’t worry. We have our friendly volunteers on hand to guide you.
- Please wear a face covering when in the library. This became mandatory in public libraries on 8th August.
- We have a simple track and trace system in place. Just record your name and telephone contact details on the sheet provided at the library entrance.
- Please sanitise your hands upon entry and exit from the library.
- If you’re using a public computer please sanitise your hands before using the workstation.
- We are not allowing mobility scooters, prams or pushchairs into the library at the moment – we hope you understand.
- No unaccompanied children under 12 years please.
- Only two children per adult please.
- Please don’t bring food and drink into the library.
- Please try and observe the two-metre distancing rule.
- A volunteer may ask you to wait outside briefly if the library is busy. Hopefully this will only be for a few minutes.
You may be reminded to abide by one or more of these rules. Please remember that the person asking you is a volunteer, giving their time free to keep the Community Library open. Be polite and kind to them.
Questions and CONCERNS?
If you have any queries about these procedures please email us at email@example.com or phone us on 01609 534584. If you leave a message, don’t forget to leave your contact details.