How do I join the Library?
Just pop into the library and you’ll be a member in a few minutes. It’s free. You’ll then be able to borrow adult and junior fiction and non-fiction titles, large print editions, audiobooks on CD and movies on DVD.
What do you offer?
- Fiction and non-fiction books, including large print editions.
- Audio books (small fee).
- Movies on DVD (small fee).
- Books for the very young, juniors and teens.
- Public access computers (first 30 minutes free).
- Printing, scanning and photocopying.
- Home Library – books delivered to your door if you’re housebound.
- Activities for juniors and the very young.
- Social activities for adults, for example Knit & Natter and Writing for Fun.
- Citizens Advice Bureau (ring or call in to make an appointment).
- Computer clinics.
- Internet and computer access.
- Free wi-fi.
- Local newspapers.
- Community and health information.
What does it cost?
A North Yorkshire Library Card is free. Borrowing books is also free though there are the usual library fines for overdue items etc. You will also pay a small hire fee for borrowing movies on DVD and audio books on CD.
The fines and fees that we collect from our members go directly to support the upkeep of the community library; a registered charity.
If you’re a regular user of our public computers, DVD movies or audiobooks, you might find it cheaper to take out a media subscription. Please ask at the desk.
Please call in and see us. You’ll find information about visiting the library here.
How many items can I borrow at a time?
You can borrow up to ten items at any one time. The usual loan period is three weeks. If you have trouble getting to the library to renew loans you can either ring us during our opening hours on 01609 534584, or access your account online here.