How do I join the Library?
Just pop into the library and you’ll be a member in a few minutes. It’s free and you don’t need any ID or to fill in a form. Children of any age can join and do not need parental permission or to have a parent present.
You can also join online here.
As a library member you’ll be able to borrow adult and junior fiction and non-fiction titles, large print editions, audiobooks on CD and movies on DVD.
What do you offer?
- Fiction and non-fiction books, including large print editions.
- Access to NYCC County library stock and reservations.
- New titles arriving weekly.
- Audio books (small fee).
- Movies on DVD (small fee).
- Books for the very young, juniors and teens.
- Public access computers (first 30 minutes free).
- Printing, scanning and photocopying (small fee).
- Home Library Service – books delivered your door if you’re housebound.
- Internet and computer access.
- Free wi-fi.
- Community and health information.
What does it cost?
A North Yorkshire library card is free. Borrowing books is also free though there are the usual library charges for overdue items etc. You will also pay a small hire fee for borrowing movies on DVD and audio books on CD.
The fees that we collect from our members go directly to support the upkeep of the community library – a registered charity.
If you’re a regular user of our public computers, DVD movies or audiobooks, you might save money by buying an internet or media subscription. Please ask at the desk.
How many items can I borrow at a time?
You can borrow up to ten items at any one time. The usual loan period is three weeks. If you have trouble getting to the library to renew loans you can either ring us during our opening hours on 01609 534584, or access your account online here.
Where are you?
We’re close to the Market Place, just behind The Commercial public house. You’ll find information about visiting the library here.