Monday: 10.00am – 12.30pm. 2.00pm – 5.00pm.
Tuesday: 2.00pm – 5.00pm.
Thursday: 10.00am – 3.30pm.
Friday: 9.30am – 5.00pm.
Saturday: 10.00am – 12.30pm.
We are not open on Sundays or on Bank Holidays.
Download a printable leaflet with our opening times and contact information.
We will close for Easter at 3.30pm on Thursday 6th April. We will re-open at 2.00pm on Tuesday 11th April. While we’re closed you can access a range of online services, including loan renewals, here.
COVID: staying Safe
- Please don’t visit the library if you have covid symptoms or have tested positive for covid.
- You’ll find hand-sanitising stations at various points around the library for your convenience.
- Please respect other people’s personal space and their choices.
We try hard to ensure that the library is open for the hours given above. On the rare occasions we’re unable to do so, we’re very sorry for any inconvenience this might cause.
If we’re closed you can still access a range of online library services, including loan renewals, here. Or ring us on 01609 534584 and leave a message including your contact details. We’ll get in touch as soon as we re-open.
Where We Are
The library is close to the Market Place in Easingwold town centre, just behind The Commercial. Look for our large sign under the willow tree.
The library garden entrance nearest to the Market Place has two steps up with a handrail on each side. Easy wheelchair access is via the second garden entrance 30 metres further along Tanpit Lane. The garden paths are paved and level.
The library building has an automatic door and a gently ramped entrance lobby with handrails. Indoors, the library is on one level with no steps.
The library has an accessible unisex toilet equipped with a handrail and disabled alarm. The nearest alternative accessible public toilet is located nearby on the Market Square.
Because of access and space restrictions please leave mobility scooters outside the main entrance. There is space for parking without blocking the entrance.
- An assistance doorbell outside the main entrance can be used to summon help.
- The building is equipped with a hearing loop.
- One of the four public computer workstations is wheelchair-friendly.
- Guide dogs and assistance animals are welcome inside the library.
We accept payments by cash, card and contactless. The minimum transaction for card and contactless is £1. We are unable to accept payments over the phone.
Limited car parking is sometimes available on the roadside outside the library. The main town car park is just 50 metres away in the Market Place. Parking is free.
Only guide dogs and assistance dogs are allowed inside the library.
- Public-use computers with internet access.
- Self-service kiosks for loans and returns etc.
- Photocopying, scanning and printing.
- Free wi-fi.
- Local and regional newspapers.
- Community and health information.
- Unisex toilet with baby-changing facility.
The nearest public conveniences are located nearby on the Market Square.